Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Position Title: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Reports To: Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Collaborates With: Children’s Ministry Leaders, Director of Adult Education, Communication Manager
Position Summary: The Children’s Ministry Coordinator (CMC) fosters an environment where children can learn and experience the Word of God and the grace of the Gospel through safe, engaging, interactive, inspirational, and relational ministry with leaders and peers. The CMC will collaborate with the pastoral staff and elders to implement the mission of helping children learn what it means to follow Jesus in every area of life. The CMC will be responsible to coordinate between each area of children’s ministry to establish a unified children’s ministry. This position is a part-time paid staff role (15-20 hrs/week). Salary range: $15-20/hr.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Recruit, train, and coordinate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Organize volunteer schedule for Sunday morning children’s ministries including Nursery, WIT, and Sunday School.
- Organize, prepare, and communicate weekly lesson plans in collaboration with leaders/teachers as needed.
- Maintain classroom organization including stocking supplies and managing the Resource Room.
- Oversee smooth operation of Sunday morning Check-In Stations.
- Serve as Sunday morning point person who welcomes visitors, answers questions, troubleshoots, and jumps in where needed.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and execution of special children’s ministry events including VBS.
- Schedule nursery workers for special Heartland events including the Membership Class and leadership meetings.
- Regularly communicate with and encourage ministry volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Office Manager to maintain up-to-date records/databases for volunteers and families.
Qualifications & Character Requirements:
- Exhibits a lifestyle of seeing and following Jesus through faithfulness, availability, and humility.
- Aligns with the mission of Heartland Community Church to see and follow Jesus into every area of life.
- A member of Heartland Community Church
- Active participation in the life of Heartland Community Church.
- Reformed understanding of the Scriptures.
- Demonstrated ability to graciously collaborate & communicate with parents and volunteers.
- Exhibits a love for children and desires to see them see and follow Jesus in every area of their lives.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Team player.