Adult Sunday School Classes for the Fall 2019 Semester
This fall we have several new classes you can pick from to deepen your walk with Christ. Classes will begin September 8 and run through November 24. Please join us as we study God's Word together:
- Minor Prophets: this is set up to give you a survey of the Minor Prophets, to introduce you to their major themes and help you apply their message to your life. Each class during the 12 weeks will cover a different minor prophet and will be taught by the elders.
- Gospel Centered Parenting: this 12 week class will equip and encourage all parents in raising their children Biblically. The resources will be For the Love of Discipline by Sara Wallace and Paul Tripp's latest book Parenting. The class will be led by mother/son team: Vicki and Stephen Granberry. Grandparents are also more than welcome!!
- Evangelism (6 week class starting Sept. 8): this class will train and equip you to share the gospel with others. Brad Hansen will teach this class.
- Parents of Prodigals (6 week class starting Oct. 20): Jeff Flora will lead a discussion based class helping parents navigate the difficulties of parenting grown children who have walked away from the faith or are struggling with life.
- Understanding the Same Sex Attraction Debate (6 week class starting Oct. 20): this class will unpack some of the issues being discussed at the PCA General Assembly about Same Sex Attraction. It will bring clarity to the confusion found on social media while addressing the core theological issues at the center of the discussion (sanctification, temptation and identity in Christ).
- New Members Class (6 week class starting Sept. 8): if you are interested in finding out more about Heartland and what we believe, this is the first step. This class will be taught by the pastors and is required before joining the church.